photo m

Monday 23 June 2014

A Day at the Races: Royal Ascot 2014



The sun was shining, the fizz was on ice and ladies in their best dress, men donning top hats all packed onto busy trains for a day at the Royal Ascot races.


This year was my first time at Royal Ascot and the anticipation and excitement meant I had sorted my outfit over a month in advance. Unfortunately, buying it from a large online retailer meant I saw many other girls tottering around in my dress. I would like to think I wore it better ;). 


Fascinator: Accessorize
Dress: Miss Guided
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins



If you are thinking of going next year I really can’t recommend it enough, especially on a wonderfully sunny day with a group of friends. We took a little picnic, of which I had one sandwich – possibly why I was a little worse for wear by 4pm! But if, like me, you drink your fizz supply dry there is a very reasonable bottle of Prosecco offered at the Ascot bar for a reasonable £20.00. Over all it was fantastic and a great excuse to get all dressed up and a reason to wear a fascinator! 

Did you go to Royal Ascot this year?


Stay beautiful!

xoxo

p.s don't forget to follow me on Blogloving

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment