photo m

Sunday 20 July 2014

Shine Bright Like a Diamond | Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Review


Beautifully highlighted cheek bones are having a moment. You only have to look at the Instagram's of Kendal Jenner and Kim Kardashian to see that luminosity just radiates from them. What I often have to remind myself when I look at theses photos and feel a little down is that it is all fake. Clever makeup skills and filters help these celebs to achieve flawless skin or perfect cheek bones. So I wanted to try it for myself.

The first product I wanted to try was the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, I brought it from Sephora in the shade Moonstone. I really liked the sound of the product, it contains skin benefits (not sure what these are :s) and a splash of helpful SPF25, great because I have very pasty skin. SpaceNK has this product in back order, it is that popular that us UK kids are having to resort to Ebay and Sephora to get our beauty mitts on it. 

What they say: A shimmering tinted moisturiser designed to even-out skin tone and give your face a healthy, natural glow. Antioxidant vitamins A, B, D and E aid skin cell repair and increase collagen renewal, whilst simultaneously protecting against free radical damage. SPF 20+ filters 96% of harmful UVA and UVB rays, fortifying your face against the elements.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone

What I say: The packaging is very simple and elegant. I guess the price you pay is for the contents. Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector is very sheer, with a crème-liquid feel. I was worried it would be a bit sparkly, but actually the particles are ultra-fine and really reflect the light in a beautiful way. When I applied it to my face it felt a little thick but once I buffed it in using my Real Techniques Stippling Brush it really sank in and didn't affect the foundation underneath. I really like that it contains vitamins, however unless I use it all over my face I don't think I will get the full benefit, at least I will have healthy cheek bones! I am not sure I would use it as a moisturiser, I think I moved on from the glittery face post the year 2000 and school discos. But I do think using it as a subtle highlighter is perfect, the skin almost glows. Plus using so little product means it will last longer, making the hefty price tag easier to bear. 

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone, Space NK & Sephora, £33.00

Let me know if you want to see what it looks like on my face. Have any of you used it?

Stay Beautiful
xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment