photo m

Friday 19 September 2014

Bardo Pink Lips | MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me Review

Bardo Pink Lips | MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me Review
Now those of you who have followed me for a while will know I love a good bright lip like Joan Collins Timeless Beauty in Evelyn or even a lovely blue toned nude such as Tom Ford Indian Rose (You can win this shade here). But recently I have found a new go to lipstick that is less Barbie and so much more more Bridget Bardo chic.

During a little shopping trip to Macey's in the Big Apple of New York I was tired and fed up having not purchased a single thing that day. I had waited patiently for friends outside dressing rooms nodding and ooing at various discounted dresses and shoes but finding nothing I wanted to splash some cash on. I began to get a little desperate, anxious that I wanted something new and sweating at the thought of not having a single shopping bag in my hand, so I made a break for it and almost tripped down the escalator to the beauty hall. My fix, my heaven! I spent the next hour swatching various lipsticks and letting the shop assistants tell me how much it suited my pale skin. At the MAC counter it was busy I was left to look at the products alone, something I much prefer to do.

I settled for a couple of lipsticks and felt the anxiety of failure to shop ebbing away, I had my fix! MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me has fast become my go to pink for day time.

Bardo Pink Lips | MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me Review
Bardo Pink Lips | MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me Review








Bardo Pink Lips | MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me Review Swatch

First I line my stupidly thin lips with a nude lip liner, By lining the lips I can make them look a bit fuller and ensure a sharp edge for the lipstick. The colour is really matte which means it doesn't sink into the cracks or bleed and it lasts much longer. I like to team it with pink flushed cheeks and a winged eye liner, Bardo style!


What do you think of this look? What are your favourite MAC shades? 

Stay beautiful
xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. i swear i could sit and scroll through your blog all day long! i love your layout and photos and everything about it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/carvellas-and-cardigans.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are such a cutie! Thank you for the support, your blog is super cute! xxx

      Delete