photo m

Saturday 1 November 2014

Book Review | Autumn Reading List

Autumn Reading List & Reviews
Found on Pintrest



Summer seems like a distant memory, with the nights drawing in and fires being lit. I like to read a good book snuggled up with a cuppa next to a crackling fire. Not exactly possible in my flat in London, but you get the point. So if you like the sound of that then here are two books I recommend and one that is total cack! 

1. The Silk Worm by Robert Gailbraith (4/5)

A private detective is hired to discover the whereabouts of a missing semi famous writer, the journey leads to adultery, murder and intrigue.
What I say: By now we all know this is a JK Rowling alias, some of you may have read the first book The Cuckoo's Calling. I would recommend reading the first one before getting stuck into this one, I often couldn't remember back stories of characters and I found it a little annoying trying to rack my brains as to who had done what.  On the whole I really enjoyed the book. There are plenty of twists and turns which keeps you guessing on every page and I didn't see the end coming. So parts I found didn't really link up with the plot, but I have a feeling this may become clear in further books JK produces. There is a mild amount of violence, but no more than say a Miss Marple book. I loved this book and found it hard to put down through out!

2. The Girl Who Just Appeared by Jonathan Harvey (a big fat 0/5)

When the main character's adoptive parents pass away Holly is set on a journey to discover the identity of her biological parents. She gives up her boyfriend, home and job to move to Liverpool on the hunt for her past.
What  I say: I was annoyed I wasted money on this book having been recommended it by Heat magazine, have to say it is total cack! The book is split into two narratives and I often found the account of the Liverpudlian character annoying and it dragged. Plus the ending was rubbish, I wont spoil it if you do read it...

3. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (5/5)

A child princess is brought up deep in a far off wood in secret, as evil hunts her down. On Kelsea's 19 birthday she must ascend the thrown and become queen. But with dark magic at every turn and plots of her assassination heavy on the air, she must defeat the powers of the Red Queen, who is out to destroy her. 
What I say: If you are a fan of The Hunger Games mixed with a sprinkle of the hit BBC TV show Merlin, then this book will be right up your street. I didn't want to put it down and there are plenty of twists to keep you interested. This is the first part in a trilogy and I for one cant wait for the next instalment!

Have you read any of these book? 

Stay beautiful
xoxo

p.s don't forget to follow me on Blogloving

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment