photo m

Thursday 29 January 2015

The Ultimate Drugstore Lip Liner | Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner Review

 Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob & Obsession

 After Christmas I swore I wouldn't buy another beauty product until I had used all of the ones I own, three draws worth. But on a recent trip to Boots I really couldn't stop myself and left £30 lighter and my draws a little fuller.

I haven't really every got what lip liner's were for and for a while I just didn't use them. I stumbled upon the idea of lip contouring and because obsessed with learning how to achieve a fuller, plumper pout. The mission was to hunt down some good products, but ever the scrimper I was sure I could find some drugstore dupes for the premium hero's. Two such items are the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner.

 Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob & Obsession

 Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob & Obsession

 Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob & Obsession


What I say: The colours are intense, richly pigmented with a waxy formulation. This texture I find is the best at being long lasting and it grabs hold of what ever lipstick you put on top. The look is very matte and almost has a lipstick quality to it that some pencils really lack. The colours I have are Obsession and East End Snob.

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Obsession is a dark burgundy red which is the ultimate accessory for a red lip. I outline my lips and blend into my lipstick as it give the illusion of a shadow, meaning my lips look fuller. 

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob is a go to pinky nude. It looks pretty on its own applied all over the lips or to define the outline and perfect my lipstick line. 

The nib is small and angled to give a precise application and a smooth edge. I don't have a particularly steady hand so this really helps because the colour is buildable and I can be really careful about where I add the colour. Another thing I love is that this isn't a pencil, so no sharpening! The product twists up ensuring you can use it where ever you are without the mess of the shavings.



Have you tried these lip liners? Want to hear more about lipstick contouring?

Stay beautiful
xoxo

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. i just absolutely love your blog! these photos are so cute :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/i-love-peachy-passionfruit.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty shade choices. Will need to give this liner a go x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have east end snob and its such a pretty colour - only problem i have found is it seems to snap really easily! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete